- Everybody likes to feel special and if you feel special, if you think that a message is carved out for you, without even knowing it, you’ll have more of a chance for that recipient to open an email and look at it because they think, “Hmm this is interesting. It’s really about me.”
- Another definition of personalization is that acting upon the things that you learned about somebody. Reacting to the little bit of information that you collected and just harping on it, well people call that personalization and it is actually.
- The ultimate personalization is personalizing for everybody, every chance, through every channel.
- Don’t just use data just to react to certain things that you know. You’ve got to learn how to bring out the potential of that.
- Marketers need to think about what the limits are of personalization and have some conscious decisions to make in terms of what would you want to do with it to avoid getting creepy or to personal.